Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Answers Lead to More Questions!!!

Recently I started discussing my resistance training options with the specific goal of gaining strength in my legs with a focus on cycling, particularly for the upcoming season.

I started with a book my wonderful girlfriend gave me, by David Morris. But looking at his program, it seemed so simple, so focused, that I had to question its validity. Also, I see that there are multiple competing theories by cycling trainers as to the proper resistance program.

Alas, I posted on my new favorite forums, www.bikeforums.com, and received answers that only leave more questions.

I guess the only way to really resolve them is to check out Armstrong, Carmichael and Friel's books to see what I may be able to craft myself.

In the meantime, I'll continue with Morris' limited program, as it is a good base, and allows me extra time to do cardio, which I need to slim down. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home