Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Goodies

The day after and I'm looking at my loot, pretty light year. Sigh, there really does come an age where the ratio of what you get to what you give is completely reversed.

Anyhow, the girlfriend came through: she searched high and low and got me original print, hard copy editions of all three volumes of J.F.C. Fuller's A Military History of the Western World.
She bought it from a bookstore that specializes in old and rare books. They told her it wasn't necessarilly "rare", but that it was indeed "scarce". It's a fantastic set of books and it's putting me to sleep every night (in a great way).

I highly recommend all of his works, particularlyThe Generalship of Alexander the Great.
His prose is magnificent and his method is exemplary of any historian. He wrote until his death at the age of 89.

Alas, it is now time to visit clients in prison. Good morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home